- The Printer Does Not Print
- Low Quality of the Printout
- Some Objects Don't Print
- Cannot Select Text or Image
- Cards or Labels Do Not Line Up at Printing
The Printer Does not Print
- Check the cable connection between the printer and the computer.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- If several printers are installed on your system, make sure the correct one is selected in the program.
- Check the printer paper source. Some printers have several input trays.
- Make sure that paper is properly loaded into the printer.
- Some printer models do not start printing when the paper output tray is closed. Check the tray lid.
- Some printers don't print directly on CD/DVD if connected wirelessly. To find out if this is the case, connect the printer to the computer using the cable.
Before printing, make sure that printer initialization is finished. Lamps on the printer control panel should indicate its state. Usually, blinking lamps indicate that the printer is not ready yet.
Low Quality of the Printout
If your printed text or images are of low quality (light bands or gaps on the printout, the printout fades out, you see wrong colors), check the ink or toner level.
If the printout is blurry or it takes a long time for the ink to dry:
- Make sure the media you printed on meets the printer specification.
- The paper face is on the correct side.
- The proper media type is selected in the printer settings.
To establish the cause of the problem, do a test print from another application. If the problem persists, it is likely that the problem is connected with the hardware or driver.
For more detailed guidance refer to your printer user manual.
Some Objects Don't Print or Export
All layers have the Printable property. If it is deactivated for a layer, none of the objects on this layer will be printed or exported. If this happens, check the Printable property of the respective layer. Activate this layer and verify its property in the Arrange > Layers menu.
Problems with Text and Images
Cannot Select Text or Image
- Make sure the object you want to select is on the active layer (background, foreground, or a custom one). To open another layer, use the Arrange > Layers menu.
- The object may be behind another transparent or semitransparent object. To select an object under another, press the Cmd key and click on overlaying objects repeatedly until the desired one is selected.
Cards or Labels Do Not Line Up at Printing
If printed cards go out the card boundary on the paper, you should calibrate your printer.